Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tbsp of Bistro Blends Extra Virgin Olive Oil w/ Roasted Garlic
- 1/4 tps ground nutmeg
- 2 tps fresh garlic
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 (14 oz) can of chicken broth
- 1 onion finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the cauliflower in a small roasting pan.
- Drizzle with oil, and season with nutmeg, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Roast the cauliflower in a preheated oven stirring every 10 minutes until golden brown and tender for about 30 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large pan and toss the diced onions in the pan.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onions and stir to coat.
- Slowly pour the chicken broth and milk into the pan.
- Mix with a wire whisk until all of the flour is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil while stirring continuously until it thickens, then reduce heat to low.
- Stir in the cauliflower. Half of the cauliflower can be blended and combine with the rest of the soup, depending of the level of consistency you desire.