Beet Salad with Mint Recipe
Prep time: 20 mins.
Cook time: Approx. 1.5 hrs.
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 1/2 pds. beets
- 2 tbs. Bistro Blends Heirloom Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 c. fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 head leaf lettuce, cleaned and separated
- Wrap the beets together tightly in foil in 2 batches and roast them in the middle of a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until they are tender. (The beets may be roasted 2 days in advance and kept covered and chilled.)
- Unwrap the beets carefully and let them cool until they can be handled.
- Slip the skins off the beets. Cut off the stems, and cut the beets into 1/4-inch pieces. Chill.
- In a large bowl whisk together the Bistro Blends Heirloom Balsamic Vinegar, the sugar, and salt to taste; add the oil in a stream, whisking, until it is emulsified.
- Add the beets to the large bowl with dressing mixture; add in two thirds of the mint and toss the salad until it is combined well.
- Line 4 plates with the lettuce leaves; divide the beet mixture among them, and sprinkle each salad with some of the remaining mint.