Shrimp Tomato and Basil Pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails removed)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons of Bistro Blends Basil Garlic Parmesan Oil
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, in juice
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound linguine
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces, plus extra leaves for garnish (optional)
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 4 teaspoons Bistro Blends Basil Garlic Parmesan Oil over high heat.
- Add shrimp; cook until opaque throughout, turning occasionally, 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- To the same skillet, add remaining 2 teaspoons Bistro Blends Olive Oil and garlic; cook over medium heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add canned tomatoes and their juice, along with 2 cups water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes have softened and are saucy, about 15 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat; stir in cherry tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions.
- Drain; return pasta to pot.
- Add tomato sauce, shrimp, and basil; season with salt and pepper, and toss.
- Serve immediately, garnished with basil leaves, if desired.