Hot Bistro Grilled Shrimp
- 1/3 cup packed basil leaves, plus extra leaves for garnish
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons Hot Bistro Oil
- 24 jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 large yellow heirloom tomatoes (1 1/2 pounds), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- In a blender, puree the 1/3 cup of basil leaves with the olive oil until smooth.
- Season the oil with salt and black pepper.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan.
- Brush the shrimp with the Bistro Blends Hot Bistro Oil all over.
- Grill the shrimp over moderately high heat, turning once, until they are lightly charred and cooked through, about 4 minutes total.
- Arrange the tomato and onion slices on a platter and drizzle with the basil oil.
- Top with the shrimp, garnish with the remaining basil leaves and serve.
The basil oil can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.