Chicken Balsamic Recipe
- 8-10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1-2 tbsp. CA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ cup Heirloom Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup of flour
- 1– 16 oz. package of frozen white pearl onions
- 8 oz. of white button mushrooms
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 stems fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Lightly sprinkle flour, salt, and pepper on both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Brown each side on medium heat with olive oil in a frying pan for about 6-7 minutes. Set aside.
- In a crock pot or dutch oven, layer the pearl onions, mushrooms, garlic, rosemary and bay leaf.
- Add the browned chicken to the slow cooker.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the balsamic vinegar, chicken stock, tomato paste and brown sugar, along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over the chicken and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
- Garnish the chicken with pomegranate seeds and serve with rice, mashed potatoes or other grain.
- Finally, drizzle balsamic on top of the entire dish and serve.