Bistro Blends Heirloom Balsamic Mushroom Pasta
- 4 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon Bistro Blends Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup shallot, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup Bistro Blends Heirloom Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus a few tablespoons for garnish
- salt & pepper
- Cook the fettuccine according to the directions on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking prepare the mushroom sauce. In a large pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 1 tablespoon of Bistro Blends Olive Oil over medium heat.
- Once melted, add the shallots & garlic and cook for a few minutes or so, just until softened.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and toss them around to get them coated in the butter & olive oil. If needed, add an additional tablespoon of olive oil if the mushrooms get too dry. Let them cook and brown for about 8 minutes.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar into the pan and stir everything together making sure to scrape up all of the browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the other tablespoon of butter. Cook everything together for a couple of minutes.
- Turn off the heat and remove the pan from the burner.
- Pour in cream & parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
- Add cooked fettuccine to the sauce and toss to combine.
- Add the fresh parsley and season to taste with salt & pepper (about a 1/2 teaspoon of each).