Basil Garlic Ratatouille
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 3 medium bell peppers
- 6-8 medium zucchini
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of Bistro Blends Basil Garlic Parmesan
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup thinly chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the eggplant, and toss with salt, letting them sit while the rest of the ingredients are prepared.
- Dice the onions, peppers, zucchini and tomatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Mince the garlic.
This recipe works great in a dutch oven or large saucepan.
- Add a teaspoon of the Bistro Blends CA Extra Virgin Olive Oil or any regular olive oil, and adding the onions until they brown. Add the peppers until they soften.
- In a separate cooking pan, add another teaspoon of the EVO, cooking the zucchini until it browns as well.
- Transfer the zucchini into the bowl with the onions and peppers.
- Rinse the eggplant, and cook separately until it softens, then transfer the eggplant with the other cooked vegetables.
- In a separate pan, cook the garlic, tomatoes, and bay leaf for a couple of minutes.
- Add everything together bringing the stew to a simmer, then turn down the heat to low.
- Add the Bistro Blends Basil Garlic Parmesan to the stew and simmer for up to 1 ½ hours.
- Sprinkle the fresh basil on top, with one more drizzle of the oil blend.
- Serve with fresh Italian bread, and enjoy!