Swiss Cheese Onion Crostini w/ Dijon Honey Truffle Mustard
- 2-3 tablespoons Bistro Blends California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 yellow or white onions, very thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large baguette, sliced on the diagonal into 12–16 slices, about 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons Bistro Blends Dijon Honey Truffle mustard
- 2 cups grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add onions. Let onions cook at least 3 minutes before stirring (they should start to brown before you move them around). Continue to cook, stirring only occasionally, about 20 minutes, until onions are well browned. Add thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread bread slices with a little mustard. Divide onion mixture evenly over bread slices then top each with cheese.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet; bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.