Red Cabbage with Bistro Blends Balsamic & Cranberries
- 1 medium red cabbage, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp Bistro Blends Heirloom Balsamic
- 200g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 100g brown sugar
This tastes really festive and includes fresh cranberries so you won’t need to make a separate cranberry sauce.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onions and fry, stirring every now and then, for about 10 mins, until they start to caramelise. Stir in the cloves, then add the cabbage and continue cooking, stirring more frequently this time, until the cabbage starts to soften.
- Pour in the stock, add the vinegar and sugar, then cover and cook for 10 mins.
- Stir in the cranberries and cook for 10 mins more. Cool and keep in the fridge for up to 4 days, or freeze for 1 month. Thaw in the fridge overnight. Reheat until very hot before serving.