Broccoli with Raisins, Nuts and Bistro Blends Heirloom Balsamic Vinegar
- Florets from 2 large heads of broccoli (about 2 pounds)
- ¼ cup Bistro Blends Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onion, ﬁnely sliced
- ⅓ cup raisins, soaked, squeezed out
- 3 tablespoons Fig or Heirloom Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup pine nuts or almonds, toasted
- Blanch broccoli florets in boiling water 5 minutes or, even better, steam 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-low.
- Cook garlic, stirring often, until garlic releases its aroma, about 2 minutes.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and stir to coat, then add raisins, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in ¼ cup water. Reduce heat to low and cook, partially covered, 30 minutes. If broccoli dries out too much, add a splash more water.
- Uncover and continue to cook until water is evaporated and broccoli is very soft and slightly caramelized, about 5 minutes more.
- Transfer broccoli mixture to a platter. Top with pine nuts.