Balsamic-Glazed Green Beans & Pearl Onions
We recommend using the Bistro Blends Heirloom Balsamic. The purest version of Bistro Blends gourmet balsamic treasures, this slightly edgy barrel-aged treat is designed to heighten the senses of any culinary experience. With its universal appeal, this gourmet balsamic delicacy can bring forth the best in sauces, salad dressings, marinades, or simply enjoy it as an occasional dipper.
- 1/4 Pound Green Beans, trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, divided
- 6oz Red Pearl Onions, halved lengthwise & peeled
- 1/4 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 3 Tablespoons Bistro Blends Heirloom Balsamic
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Place beans into a large saucepan of boiling water; cook 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain well. Place beans in a large bowl; set aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add broth, Bistro Blends balsamic, and sugar; bring to a boil. Simmer 3 minutes or until syrupy. Add beans, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, salt, and pepper; toss to coat. Cook for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.