Squid Ink Spaghetti with Shrimp and Truffle Oil
- 1 package Squid Ink Spaghetti
- 1 lb. (15 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 6 oz. jar of clams with juice (½ cup stock can be substituted in place of clams)
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup half and half
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- Juice of ½ large lemon or 1 whole
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-3 tablespoons Bistro Blends Olive Oil
- Chopped Italian parsley for garnish
- Bistro Blends White Truffle Oil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta to al dente while you prepare the sauce.
- In a pan large enough to accommodate the pasta, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat and add the crushed red pepper. Follow with the garlic and cook for a minute making sure not to brown it.
- Add the clams and juice (or fish stock if using) and turn the heat up to high. Follow with the wine and cook for 2-3 minutes until the wine has reduced a bit.
- Add the lemon juice and then the half and half. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, cover the pan and cook for a minute or two just until the shrimp turn pink. Season with salt, to taste.
- Add the pasta, toss until combined with the sauce. It may seem like you have a lot of sauce, but the pasta will quickly absorb it.
- Arrange the pasta on a plate and drizzle with Bistro Blends White Truffle Oil. Garnish with parsley and serve.