Orange Hazelnut Olive Oil Cookies
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Bistro Blends Olive Oil with Orange
- 2 eggs
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Loosely chop the hazelnuts.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the hazelnuts, flour, baking powder, and salt to blend.
- With a mixer, beat the sugar, oil, eggs, zest and vanilla on low speed until the sugar is moistened, about 15 seconds. Increase the speed to high and mix until well combined, about 15 seconds more.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until the dough has just pulled together, 30 to seconds.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, baking the cookies for about 10 minutes, rotating and swapping the sheets halfway through for even baking.
- Let cool completely on racks. The cookies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.