Prep time: 20 mins.
Cook time: 12 mins.
Yield: Serves 6
- 1/4 c. Bistro Blends Heirloom Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbs. yellow mustard seeds, cracked
- 3 (12 to 14 oz.) rib-eye steaks
- 4 oz. Gorgonzola Cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 baguette (about 2 feet long), split lengthwise
- 2 c. lightly packed Arugula
- Combine the Bistro Blends Heirloom Balsamic Vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard seeds in a large plastic bag that can be resealed.
- Add the steaks to the bag of marinade and seal. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours, turning the steaks occasionally to insure full coverage of marinade on steaks.
- Prepare the barbecue for medium-high heat or preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Drain the marinade from the steaks. Grill the steaks to desired doneness. Let the steaks rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut the steaks crosswise into thin slices and set aside.
- Stir the cheese and sour cream in a small bowl to form a thick spread.
- Season the cheese and sour cream mixture to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove some of the bread from the center of the baguette halves.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the baguette halves.
- Arrange the arugula, then the warm steak slices over the baguette bottom. Sprinkle the steak slices with salt and pepper. Cover with the baguette top. Cut the sandwich crosswise into 6 equal pieces and serve.