Hot and Spicy Chicken with Sassy Sweet Potatoes
Prep time: 20 minutes * Not considering marinade time
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- ½ c. Bistro Blends Hot Bistro Oil
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- Juice of 1 Orange
- 2 Tbs. Honey
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 8 skin-on, bone-in Chicken Thighs
- 2 small Sweet Potatoes, peeled and blanched
- ¼ c. Bistro Blends Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 oz. Olive Oil
- ¼ c. Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- 2 Tbs. Green Onions, chopped
- Chicken process:
- In a bowl, add Bistro Blends Hot Bistro Oil, juice of 2 lemons, honey, juice of 1 orange, and salt and pepper. Whisk well.
- Place marinade in a 1 gal. plastic food storage bag; add chicken and submerge well in marinade.
- Marinade chicken in refrigerator a minimum of 2-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken onto an appropriate baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes.
2. Sweet Potatoes:
- Cube blanched potatoes
- Heat sauté pan with olive oil
- Add potatoes and sauté for a few minutes
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add Bistro Blends Fig Balsamic Vinegar, green onions and ½ c. fresh squeezed orange juice and continue sautéing until potatoes are nice and tender and slightly carmelized.
- Serve with chicken